Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Takikomi Gohan
(Japanese Style Mixed Vegetable Rice)



Ingredients
Rice
Wheat grain
Pea
Gobo
Carrot
Ginger
Dried shiitake mushroom
Aburaage
Konjac
Shungiku (Garland chrysanthemum)
Shitake Stock (The water used for rehydrating dried shiitake mushrooms)
Salt
Soy sauce

Our cat hit my face and scratch my face earlier than usual when I was sleeping in my bed early this morning. In a second I realized why. I put all ingredients into the rice cooker then set timer before I go to sleep last night so yummy smells coming from our kitchen.

Rinse and drain rice, wheat grain, pea then soaking them for about 30 minutes before cooking.

Cut gobo, carrot, ginger, shiitake mushroom, aburaage and konjac into little strips, about 1 inch long. Stir Fry them in the pan for a few minutes and add salt (no need to cook them completely). Remove from the heat and let them cool.

Set grains and pea into rice cooker then pour the shitake stock appropriate amount as it required then add vegetables and soy sauce.

When it has done to cook, mix boiled shungiku in the rice then serve.

I gave him (cat) a little rice but he didn't like it at all although it was perfect rice to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This, along with a lot of your other recipes look really yummy! I plan on making this soon :)
    I was wondering if you know how to make agedashi tofu? Is that just an American-Japanese thing, I have no idea haha. If you do and would be willing to share it on here that would be great! Thank you and happy cooking.

    ReplyDelete